- 1 c. onion, diced
- 4 c. canned tomatoes
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 c. yellow squash, sliced and quartered
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp. McKay’s chicken style seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small hot pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 c. broccoli florets and stems
- 1/2 c. fresh Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1/2 c. fresh butternut squash, cubed
- 2 c. spaghetti sauce
- 2 c. cooked penne pasta
- In a medium skillet, steam onions in 1/2 cup water until clear.
- Add tomatoes, hot pepper, yellow squash, Brussels sprouts, spaghetti sauce, butternut squash, broccoli and seasoning.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender. Mix in pasta or serve with sauce over the top.