- 6 – 8 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 large bunch basil, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, any color, diced
- 6 – 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c. natural ripe olives, diced, reserving juice
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, diced
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. Turbinado sugar
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. olive oil, optional
- salt to taste
- prepared spaghetti pasta
- In a large saucepan combine reserved olive juice, basil, garlic, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and olives. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, oil and Parmesan. Cover and simmer for another 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add tomato puree if desired for more color. Spoon over pasta.