- 1 c. warm water
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 1/4 c. apple sauce
- 3 c. white wheat flour
- In a medium bowl, put warm water, sea salt, maple syrup, apple sauce and mix together. Add 1/2 the flour and all the yeast and mix into the liquids. Slowly add enough of the flour to make a soft dough. Since all flours are not the same, be sure not to add more flour than needed.
- Knead until the dough is soft. Put the dough in a bowl that has been sprayed with vegetable spray and cover with a towel. Place the bowl in a warm place.
- When the dough has doubled in size spray the counter with vegetable oil spray and place on the counter. Gently pull the dough in a circle and spread with soy margarine. Cut into 20 pie-like pieces and roll up from the edge to the middle.
- Spray a cookie sheet and lay the rolls 2 inches apart. Cover with a towel and put in a warm place until doubled in size. Bake at 350 degrees F to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Yield: 20 rolls
* This dough recipe can also be made into sweet rolls, bread sticks, pizza crust or bread. If using to make bread, add 1 tablespoon of gluten flour. These dinner rolls are light and soft and can be frozen for up to a month.