- 4 c. butternut squash, peeled and cut into medium cubes
- 2 c. farro
- 6 c. water
- 4 tsp. VegeSal
- 2 tsp. McKay’s chicken style seasoning
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oi8l
- 1 c. finely diced celery
- 1 c. finely diced carrots
- 1 1/2 c. broccoli florets, small
- 1 1/2 c. cauliflower florets, small
- 1 1/2 c. snap peas, cut into thirds
- 1 c. fava beans or lima beans
- juice of one medium lemon (1/4 c.)
- 1/2 c. sparkling apple cider
- Spray a large baking sheet with a non-stick cooking spray. Spread the butternut squash cubes on it and spray with cooking oil spray. Lightly sprinkle with salt and place in a 425-degree oven for 30 minutes or until tender-firm and lightly browned. Turn pieces over and bake another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large cooking pot put the farro, 6 cups water, VegeSal and McKay’s Chicken style seasoning. Cook according to package directions and until it gets a creamy risotto consistency, and set aside.
- Fill a large stockpot ½ full of water and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli, cauliflower and snap peas. Boil for 2-4 minutes, only until crunchy tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium skillet place the 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion, celery and carrots. Sauté until onion is clear and vegetables are tender.
- Mix the lemon juice and sparkling apple cider together and then pour over vegetables. Continue to cook another 4-5 min. or until the liquid cooks down just a little.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cooked Farro. Gently stir to mix with the sautéed vegetables. Add the other vegetables and gently fold them in. Serve hot.
Optional: Cut grape tomatoes in half and place on a baking sheet. Spray with oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast in oven and add to risotto.