- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium eggplants, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, roasted and mashed
- 1 medium yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. green olives
- 4 c. canned whole tomatoes
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. fresh sweet basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- salt to taste
- Sauté onion and pepper until tender. Place cubed eggplant on a baking sheet and spray with oil. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Turn eggplant and return to oven until browned. Add to onion and pepper in saucepan. Add fresh herbs, red pepper flakes, garlic, olives and agave nectar.
- Crush tomatoes with hands and add. Cook until hot, about 15 minutes. Serve over your favorite pasta, rice or quinoa.