- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 – 2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 3 – 4 curry leaves
- 1 – 2 tsp. madras curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 c. or more frozen baby lima beans
- salt to taste
- Peel eggplant if desired, then chop into large pieces and drop into salted water until ready to use.
- Sauté onions, green chilies, garlic, and curry leaves in oil, covered, for a minute or so.
- Add curry powder and turmeric.
- Drain eggplant and add. Add salt and a little water, cover and cook 2 – 3 minutes, or until eggplant softens a little.
- Add lima beans, cover, and cook 5 – 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook a few minutes longer.