- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 Tbsp. soy margarine
- 2 c. fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. fructose
- 1/4 c. seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. vegan Parmesan cheese alternative
- 3 Tbsp. soy flour
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper, opt.
- Peel and chop eggplant and place in an oil-sprayed 8 x 8 inch glass baking pan. Heat margarine in a medium skillet. Add onion, garlic, red and green bell pepper and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes, salt, fructose, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne and cook until bubbly. Add soy flour and heat until thickened. Pour tomato mixture over the eggplant. Spread evenly.
- Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan alternative and sprinkle over eggplant and tomato mixture. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 25 – 30 minutes. Remove cover and broil for 5 minutes, if desired.