- 2 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. soy sauce or beef style seasoning
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts or sunflower seeds, opt.
- 2 1/2 c. rolled oats
- Bring water to a boil and add chopped onions, olive oil, soy sauce, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Add oats and stir in. Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes.
- Place scoop of oatmeal mixture on oiled baking sheet and form into patties.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, then turn and bake an additional 10 minutes.