- 2 organic English cucumbers, outer skin scored or fluted
- 1/4 c. red onion, julienned sliced, or as few or many as desired
- 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes, sliced in half or 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 8 basil leaves, chiffonade style
- creamy dressing
- Use a special fluting peeler to peel the cucumbers. If you don’t have the tool, score down the outside with a fork for a fancier cut. Dice one cucumber into thin rings then cut in quarters.
- Lightly mix all veggies together with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, being careful not to mash the avocados. Fold dressing into salad and mix well
- Using a 1 cup measuring cup, scoop up some salad, turning it upside down onto a serving dish.
- Thinly slice an English cucumber into long strips the width of the cucumber. Use the slice like a ribbon and wrap around the salad. Secure with a smooth toothpick.
- Top with a sprig of Basil and halved grape tomato. Serves 4