- 16 c. quick oats
- 1 c. Florida crystals or natural sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 c. coconut
- 2 c. sliced or chopped almonds
- 2 c. coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 c. chopped dates
- 1 c. dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 c. canola oil
- 1 1/2 c. cool water
- 1/4 c. vanilla
- In a large bowl, mix the quick oats, salt, coconut, chopped nuts and dates. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the canola oil, water, vanilla, and sugar. Whip together until well blended.
- Stir the liquid into the dry ingredients until well mixed. With your hands squeeze the granola to form some clumps.
- Put the granola on a non-greased cookie sheet. Do not pile the granola all on one tray but put just enough to cover the tray about an inch thick.
- Bake at 275 degrees for 2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes or so, until the granola is light brown in color and crunchy. There should be no moisture in the granola when finished.
- When it is done take the granola out of the oven and cool. Stir in cranberries.
- Place completely cooled granola in a bag, cover with wrapping paper and add a nice ribbon. Your gift is now ready!