- 2 c. flour
- 3 Tbsp. natural sugar
- zest from one whole orange
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 c. cold vegan margarine
- 1 c. dried cranberries
- 1/4 c. orange juice
- 1/4 c. soy milk
- 1+1/2 tsp. prepared egg replacer or ground flaxseed mixed with water
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, orange zest, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in margarine. Add the orange juice, soy milk, egg replacer and cranberries. Stir and knead lightly until well mixed.
- Pat out onto a baking tray lined with oil-sprayed parchment paper into a 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick round or rectangle. Cut into wedges.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 – 40 minutes. Do not overbake – these should be moist. Wrap after removing from oven to retain the moisture.
- Serve with lemon curd made by whipping lemon pie filling with soy milk until creamy. Other pie fillings can be used for this as well.