- 12 oz. 375 g vegan margarine
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. or 250 g brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. corn flour or cornstarch
- 4 oz. or 120 ml coconut water
- 8 oz. or 225 g grated coconut
- 1 lb. or 450 g flour
- dash of cinnamon, mixed spice, nutmeg
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 oz. or 100 g raisins, opt.
- light brown sugar
- In a food processer, combine sugar, vanilla, margarine, coconut, cornstarch, coconut water, baking powder, flour, cinnamon, spice and nutmeg.
- Process until smooth. Add raisins and process just until raisins are mixed in.
- Place in oil-sprayed loaf pan. Make a well in the center and fill with coconut. Sprinkle on brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Garnish with coconut and cherries.