- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 large red or green sweet pepper
- 3 medium fresh tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 handful button mushrooms
- 1 small can sweet corn
- 1 ripe plantain, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 package of whole wheat pasta
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. all purpose seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Lightly sauté the onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and peppers in olive oil. Add corn and seasonings.
- Add about 1/2 cup of water, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sauté plaintains in a separate pan and add. Stir into pasta and allow to marinate in refrigerator until serving.