- 2 c. water, divided
- 1/2 c. raw cashews
- 3/4 c. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 c. dates
- 1/2 c. orange juice concentrate
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp. ground cardamom (or replace coriander and cardmom with 1/4 tsp. cinnamon)
- 1 loaf whole grain bread
- In blender, blend cashews and 1 cup of the water until very smooth. Add remaining water, flour, dates, orange juice concentrate, vanilla, coriander and cardamom and blend well.
- Slice bread and dip in blender mixture. Fry in oil-sprayed skillet until golden on both sides.
- Serve with maple topping.