- 1/3 c. dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 c. pecans, chopped
- 1/4 c. quick oats
- 1/4 all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. margarine, softened
- 3 Tbsp. margarine, melted
- 1/2 c. dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. margarine, melted
- 3/4 c. light original almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. pure almond extract
- 2 Tbsp. flax seed, ground
- 6 tbsp. water
- 1 3/4 c. unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. quick oats
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 c. ground nutmeg
- For the topping, combine and mix all ingredients together until crumbly and set aside.
- For the filling, mix ingredients together until well blended and pudding-like in consistency. Set aside.
- For the batter, mix the ground flax seed and 6 T water together and set aside for at least 5 minutes to gel.
- Mix all the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir just until combined. Add the flaxseed mixture and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Spray the muffin tin with a non-stick baking spray, or put paper muffin cups in each.
- Divide half the batter evenly between 14 muffin cups. Put 2 teaspoons of filling in each muffin cup and then top with the remaining batter. Sprinkle the topping on top of each, pressing it in lightly.
- Bake the muffins at 375 – 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove them from the oven and wait 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.