- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1/3 c. water
- 1 – 12 oz. pkg. Yves meatless ground (or 1 ½ c ground gluten)
- 1 c. finely chopped pecans
- 1 c. finely chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 c. quick oats
- ¼ c. breadcrumbs
- 1 – 16oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp. reduced fat Vegenaise
- 3 Tbsp. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp. VegeSal, or your favorite all-purpose vegetable seasoning
- 2 – 10 ¾ oz. cans of Tomato Soup, mixed per instructions on can
- In a small skillet, cook onion in the 1/3 cup of water until clear.
- Place garbanzos into a food processor and blend until a smooth paste forms. Remove and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined. Form into patties using 1/4 cup of mixture for each.
- Place patties on a baking pan that has been sprayed with a non-stick baking spray, and then spray the tops of the patties.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Flip patties halfway during baking to brown both sides.
- Remove from oven and put into a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Pour prepared tomato soup over the top and return to oven for about an hour. Serve hot.