- 2 c. cooked pinto beans or 1 16oz. can pinto beans
- 1 c. textured vegetable protein
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 c. water
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. unfermented soy sauce
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. cornmeal
- 1 c. brown rice flour or unbleached white flour
- 1 Tbsp. turbinado sugar
- 1 Tbsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. wheat germ
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. soy flour or tapioca flour
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. soy milk
- Mix all chili ingredients together and pour into a 9 x 11 inch baking pan.
- For cornbread, mix dry ingredients first, and add oil and soy milk. Scoop over bean mixture in pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes or until done, being careful not to burn.