- 16-ounce package firm water-pack tofu
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. lite soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 c. soy mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 4 whole wheat pita bread pockets
- salad dressing
- Freeze tofu overnight, then thaw and press out water between paper towels.
- Using a fork, crumble tofu to bite sized pieces. Add diced celery and minced scallions. In a bowl, mix together the soy mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic powder and turmeric. Add to crumbled tofu and mix well.
- Spread salad dressing inside pita pockets, add a layer of lettuce and tomato, and fill the rest with salad mixture.