- 1 medium onion, slivered
- 4 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium yellow pepper, slivered
- 1 8-oz. package vegan chicken strips
- 1 3/4 c. canned petite diced tomatoes
- 1 c. tomato sauce
- 2 c. water
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. McKay’s chicken style seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 9-oz. bag fresh baby spinach
- 1 lb. whole wheat fettuccine pasta, cooked
- Spray a medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray (or use 2 Tbsp. olive oil). Add onion and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add vegan chicken strips, red pepper flakes, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, McKay’s chicken style, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, Bragg’s aminos, oregano, parsley, tomatoes, tomato sauce and water.* Salt to taste.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes. Add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted. Stir in cooked pasta and simmer until hot.
* You can also add cubed eggplant if you like.