- 6 vegetarian chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 c. water
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 c. carrots, sliced
- 1 c. celery, sliced in ¼ inch-sized pieces
- 1 tsp. dried or fresh parsley
- 2 c. Soy Curls (or favorite gluten product)
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 2 c. potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 recipe Flaky Pie Crust
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 Tbsp. cold water
- In a large stock pot, combine water, vegetarian bouillon cubes, onion, carrots, celery, parsley, and Soy Curls. Bring to a boil, then turn down to medium-low heat maintaining a slow simmer.
- Cook until vegetables are almost tender then add potatoes. Cook additional ten minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add frozen peas.
- Mix cornstarch and water together and add to stockpot. Cook until thickened, hot and bubbly.
- Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish. Cover top with crust, flute edges and bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until crust is golden.
- Serve with salad and homemade wheat bread!
* Once the filling is thickened it is done at this point, so if you chose not to put a crust on it, you could actually serve it just the way it is as a stew. Or, instead of a crust, try mixing up a batch of biscuits to put on top. Bake until biscuits are done, and serve hot! There are just so many options for this recipe . . . all equally delicious!