- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 c. water
- 5 Tbsp. McKay’s chicken-style seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Better than Bouillon no-chicken base
- 1 Tbsp. parsley
- 1 c. sliced carrots
- 1 c. celery, finely chopped
- 1 c. Loma Linda Tender Bits, sliced in half lengthwise and diced
- 1/4 c. quick barley
- 1 c. potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 c. pasta of your choice
- In a stockpot that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onions over medium heat until clear.
- Add water, McKay’s Chicken Style Seasoning, Better Than Bouillon No-Chicken Base, parsley, carrots, celery, Loma Linda® Tender Bits, and barley.
- Simmer until carrots are tender, approximately 15 minutes. Add potatoes and simmer for another 10 minutes or until tender. Add noodles and cook an additional 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente.