- 2 c. soy curls
- 1 c. hot water
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce, unfermented
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 c. unbleached white flour or brown rice flour
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- Using a medium bowl, add hot water to soy curls, and let soak for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until water is absorbed.
- Add soy sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and yeast flakes. Stir in flour and cornstarch. Mix well.
- Remove individual strips from bowl and fry in olive oil until golden on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with a sweet and sour sauce dip.