- 1 brick tofu, extra firm
- soy sauce for marinating
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp. each basil, sage, rosemary, oregano (or to taste)
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 – 1 1/2 c. Simple Tofu Spread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice tofu 1/4-inch thick and brush both sides of each slice with soy sauce. Lay the slices in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Let marinate for 10 minutes and brush again. Bake for 30-35 minutes, turning once halfway through, until golden brown and crispy on the outside and still tender on the inside.
- Allow to cool, then shred the tofu slices with a knife, creating irregular pieces appearing to be shredded chicken.
- Mix with vegetables, spices and tofu spread until ingredients are well-incorporated. Chill thoroughly before serving.
* This is a great item for salads as well as sandwiches, or even served with crackers as an appetizer.