- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup soy margarine
- 1 ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup original Silk almond milk
- 3-4 cups non-dairy whipped topping
4 cups chia pudding
2 cups each blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries
Chia Pudding Ingredients:
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- Dash cinnamon
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Cream together butter and sugar, add almond, vanilla, and water. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter and sugar. Mix well.
- Pour batter into a 9×13 inch pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely, then cut into ½ – 1 inch cubes. Fold prepared pudding into non-dairy whipped topping.
- In a 9″ trifle bowl, layer in this order: cake, pudding, non-dairy whipped topping, fresh berries. Continue layering, ending with fresh berries.
- To make chia pudding: Combine all ingredients in a glass container. Mix well. Cover. Place in refrigerator for 2 – 3 hours or overnight.