- 2 c. dry chickpeas or garbanzos (4 c. soaked)
- 2 small onions, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 c. cilantro, chopped
- 8 – 10 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. salt, or to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, opt.
- 2 Tbsp. falafel seasoning *
- vegetable oil for frying
- Soak garbanzos overnight, rinse and drain. Place garbanzos, onions, parsley, cilantro, flour and seasonings into food processor and process until it has a fine, mealy texture.
- Shape into patties or balls. You can add other seasonings if you wish and dip in sesame seeds if you like. Heat oil to 300 degrees. Fry a few at a time until browned – about 4 minutes.
- Serve in pita with hummus or baba ganoush and Israeli salad. Add some tahina sauce if you like.
* falafel seasoning contains ground cumin, ground coriander and other seasonings.