- 2 c. non-dairy yogurt, plain, unsweetened
- 1 c. water
- 2/3 c. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 3/4 c. tapioca flour
- 2 Tbsp. carrageenan powder
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2 gallon cold water with 2 tsp. salt
- Whip non-dairy yogurt, water, olive oil and salt together and let stand at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Place this mixture into saucepan and stir in tapioca flour, carrageenan powder and cream of tartar.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thickened and stringy. Mix salt and ice water and add the warm cheese by the scoopful. Allow to cool.
- Can be stored in the brine in the refrigerator. The warm cheese can also be poured into a mold and allow to set.