- two 14-oz. containers water-packed firm tofu, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. raw cashews
- 1/3 c. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp. McKay’s chicken style seasoning, vegan
- 1 Tbsp. parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. Earth Balance margarine
- 1+1/2 c. bread crumbs
- coconut milk, oil or water for dipping tofu
- Process bread crumbs and nuts in food processor until fine. Add yeast flakes, chicken style, parsley, salt and margarine. Process until mixed.
- Spread olive oil on tofu slices, place on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees F for 15 – 25 minutes. Cool
- Dip prepared tofu slices in coconut milk, oil or water and then dip into crumb mixture, coating on both sides. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 – 30 minutes, or until browned. Serve with tartar sauce and garnish with green onions and sliced almonds.