- 1½ c. unbleached flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder, aluminum free
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 c. soy or almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon, optional
- 1 c. carrots, finely shredded
- ¼ c. raisins, soaked in water and drained
- ¼ c. walnuts, finely diced
- ½ cup Earth Balance margarine, soft
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 2 c. organic powdered sugar
- ½ c. Tofutti cream cheese, cold
- ½ c. Earth Balance margarine, cold
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium mixing bowl add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix with spoon or wire whisk, set aside.
- In separate bowl add carrots, soy or almond milk, lemon juice, margarine, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients until all is combined well. Spray cupcake liners with baking spray. Fill to about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when lightly touched in the center. Remove from oven and let stand for about 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes and place on wire rack until cool.
- For frosting, combine soy cream cheese, powdered sugar, margarine and vanilla. Beat on high speed with electric hand mixer until creamy. Frost cupcakes to your liking; store in airtight container.