- 4 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 3/4 c. carob powder
- 1/4 c. Roma
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 sugar
- 1 c. canola oil
- 1 c. pure maple syrup
- 1 12 oz. container Tofutti better than sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 c. soy milk
- 1/4 c. cornstarch + 1/4 c. cold water
- 3 c. non-dairy whipped topping
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. carob powder
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 6 Tbsp. soy milk (3/8 c.)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and make a well in the middle. Mix the cornstarch and cold water together and add. Add all the remaining liquids .
- Using an electric mixer, beat on medium high speed for about 10 minutes or until the batter is creamy.
- Spray three 9-inch pans with a vegetable oil spray. Put about a teaspoon of flour in each pan and shake the pan back and forth till the flour is all over the bottom of pan.
- Divide the batter between the three pans. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until it a toothpick is inserted in the middle of the cake and comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 min. Run a sharp knife around the edges of the cake. Invert cakes, stacking on a round serving platter or cake pedestal.
- When all three cakes have cooled put whipped topping on the bottom two layers. Frost top layer with Carob Frosting.
- To make carob frosting, mix all ingredients together until creamy. Frost the top of the cake to the edge so that the frosting drips down the side.
- Spread whipped topping around the edges of the cake and garnish with fresh raspberries.