- 2 ripe plantains
- 2 Tbsp. soy margarine, melted
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. grated orange rind
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Peel plantains and slice in half lengthwise. Place in the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch glass baking dish.
- Combine orange juice, honey and sea salt and pour over the plantains.
- Sprinkle with grated orange rind and bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes
* Another nice way to prepare plantains is to peel and slice them and heat in a skillet with a little soy margarine until plantains are soft and golden.