- 1 c. warm water
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 1/2 c. sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 Tbsp. instant dry active yeast
- 2 c. whole white wheat flour
- 2 c. unbleached white flour
- 1/4 c. honey
- 2 Tbsp. soy margarine
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- In a large bowl combine the sweet potatoes, salt and all the liquid ingredients. Mix together until well blended. Add yeast and half the flour and mix together. Slowly work in the rest of the flour to make soft dough, adding more flour as needed. Knead for about 5 minutes.
- Spray a medium-sized bowl with vegetable oil spray and put the dough in and spray the top of the dough. Cover with a towel and put the bowl in a warm place until risen.
- Place dough on the counter and gently pull dough to make a ½ inch thick rectangle. Spread the margarine on the dough and top with the honey and cinnamon. Roll the dough up and cut into 8 two-inch rounds and place in a bread pan that has been sprayed with vegetable oil spray.
- Cover with a towel and when the rolls have doubled in size, place carefully in a 350 degree F oven and bake for about 25 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a serving plate. Make caramel glaze by heating the maple syrup with a little margarine and cinnamon over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Pour the caramel glaze on top and sprinkle with pecan pieces. Serve with your favorite fruit salad.