- 1 can frozen apple juice concentrate
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 7 c. apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. soy margarine, cold
- pinch salt
- 1 1/4 c. pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 c. dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. canola
- 3 Tbsp. soy milk
- To prepare the pie crust, mix the flour and salt. In a separate container, whip oil and milk together. Pour into flour mixture and stir with fork until all the flour is absorbed and forms a ball. Roll out and plate in pie pan. Flute edges and set aside.
- For the filling, place peeled, sliced apples into prepared crust.Mix cornstarch and apple juice concentrate until smooth. Heat until thickened, stirring frequently. Pour the thickened apple juice concentrate over the sliced apples. Pour into prepared crust.
- For the streusel, the flour, sugar and salt and cut in margarine. Add pecans. Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake pie for 50 – 55 minutes at 400 degrees.
- For the caramel topping, chill the coconut milk until separated. Drain away the liquid portion. Combine coconut milk solids and sugar in a medium saucepan. cook over medium heat for 20 – 25 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt. Cool. Drizzle over pie when it comes out of the oven.