- 2 c. shredded cabbage
- 1 c. mung dahl (split, blanched mung beans)
- 3 – 4 green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. mustard seed
- 1/4 tsp. cumin seed
- 1 – 2 red chilies
- 4 – 6 curry leaves
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, chopped or grated
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- Place mung dahl in 2 cups boiling water, add green chilies, turmeric and salt. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add cabbage, adding additional water and salt as needed. Cook until tender.
- Heat oil in skillet and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, red chilies, curry leaves and garlic and sauté lightly. Add cilantro.
- Add cooked mung dahl mixture, adding a little water as necessary. Cook until heated and well mixed.
* Serve with rice or roti.