- 1+1/2 c. whole-wheat flour
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. non-hydrogenated margarine
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1/2 c. honey
- 3 Tbsp. almond milk
- 3+1/2 c. coarsely chopped pecans
- To make the crust: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, brown sugar and kosher salt. Using a fork or pastry blender cut in the margarine until mixture resembles coarse meal. Pat mixture into bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with a non-stick baking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Set aside and cool.
- To make filling: Put brown sugar, honey, margarine and almond milk in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and add chopped pecans. Remove from heat and pour over cooled crust. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Cool before cutting.