- 1 c. butter beans, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. all-purpose seasoning or mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 – 4 Tbsp. olive or canola oil
- seasoning to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, mash butter beans and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Shape into balls and place in oil-sprayed baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Serve in pita bread with salad and dressing, or serve with a gravy and a side of vegetables.