- 6 diced Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 c. minced fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 oz. fresh basil leaves, diced (about 1/2 c. )
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 c. Parmesan-style cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 whole grain baguette or gluten-free flat bread
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. olive oil for brushing on bread
- Dice tomatoes, basil and garlic and place in a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove and place in a shallow baking dish and bake at 450 degrees F for 10 – 12 minutes. Slice the baguette on a diagonal about 1/2 inch thick. Coat one side of each slice with olive oil using a pastry brush.
- Place on a cooking sheet, oiled side down. You will want to toast them in the top rack of your oven. Toast for 5 – 6 minutes at 350 degrees F, until the bread just begins to turn golden brown. Serve bread and topping separately.