- 2 extra-large russet potatoes
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 4 c. vegetable oil for frying
- 2 c. chopped kale
- 1 c. new potatoes, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Sauté kale in a little olive oil, adding garlic and salt to taste.
- In a separate pan sauté new potatoes. Shred raw potatoes and rinse with cold water, dust with cornstarch and form into nest shapes with appropriate deep frying baskets. Salt to taste. Fry in deep, hot oil until golden.
- Place a little kale in each basket and top with new potatoes. Serve hot.