- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 – 12 oz. package Yves Ground Round, or burger of your choice
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 c. water
- 3 -15 oz. cans hot chili beans, with sauce
- 8 whole wheat tortillas, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 c. taco sauce
- ½ c. green chiles
- ¼ cup jalapeño nacho slices
- 1 c. salsa
- 1 c. crushed baked tortilla chips
- Spray bottom of a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray, sauté onion over medium heat until clear.
- Add burger, taco seasoning, and water. Cook until all liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- In a glass 9″x13″ baking dish, divide ingredients in half and make two layers.
- Layer in the following order: chili beans, torn tortilla pieces, taco sauce, burger mixture, green chilies, jalapeño nacho slices, and salsa.
- Repeat layers and spread crushed tortilla chips over top. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Serve with Spanish rice and warm tortillas.
* Garnish with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced avocado and olives just before serving.