- 4 c. Worthington vegetarian burger
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/3 c. instant oats
- 1/3 c. pecan meal
- 1/4 c. vital wheat gluten
- 1 tsp. McKay’s beef style seasoning
- 1/2 c. chopped onions
- 1/4 c. canola oil for frying
- 1 c. favorite barbecue sauce
- Combine all ingredients except oil and barbecue sauce in a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- Shape into patties. Fry in canola oil until browned on each side.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until patties are done on the inside.
- Brush tops of burgers with barbecue sauce. Serve in a bun with your favorite condiments.