- 2/3 c. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 can (6 0z.) tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. non-hydrogentated margarine
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1 tsp. molasses
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 3 c. soy curls
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced, opt.
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, sliced, opt.
- 1/4 c. chicken style seasoning
6 whole grain burger buns, toasted if desired
- Combine all bar-b-q sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer for about half an hour, until thickened and caramelized.
- Soak soy curls in hot water until they are nice and soft. Sauté onion and peppers in 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add soy curls and cook for a few minutes. Stir in chicken style seasoning and cook until soy curls have browned. Stir in the bar-b-q sauce and serve in buns.