- 2 medium eggplants, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala powder
- 2 c. tomatoes, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 430 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and place the cubed eggplant on it. Bake about 30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- While eggplant is baking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in the onion and sauté until clear. Add the spices and sauté 30–45 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and eggplant. Stir until well combined and continue to cook for about 10 minutes. Salt to taste.
- If mixture gets too thick, add a little water. Can be served hot, warm, or at room temperature. Serve with naan bread or papadoms.
Yields: 8 – ½ cup servings