- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons McKay’s Chicken Style Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon soy margarine
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups onions, slivered
- 1 cup red peppers, slivered
- 2 9.5-ounce packages MorningStar Farms® Grillers® Chik’n Veggie Patties
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- In a medium-sized kettle on high heat bring the water, McKay’s Chicken Style Seasoning, sea salt, onion powder, and soy margarine to a boil.
- In a small container, mix the cornstarch with the cold water together until it is well blended.
- Slowly pour the slurry into the kettle, stirring rapidly. When thickened, remove from heat and stir in the Better Than Sour Cream. Set aside.
Add the water and salt to a medium-sized skillet. Add onions and red peppers and sauté over medium heat until all the water is gone.
- Spray a separate large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium high.
- Bread the MorningStar Farms® Grillers® Chik’n Veggie Patties with the seasoned bread crumbs, place in the hot skillet, and cook on both sides.
- Pour some of the gravy into the bottom of baking dish. Add patties, sauteed vegetables and remaining gravy. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until hot.