- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. finely chopped onions
- 1/2 c. finely chopped sweet red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts (in brine not oil), chopped
- 1/2 c. raw cashews, washed
- 1 c. water
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- salt to taste
- paprika for garnish
- Sauté onions in olive oil over low heat until carmelized, about 15 minutes. Add red peppers, garlic and artichokes.
- In blender, blend cashews, water, lemon juice, liquid aminos and yeast flakes until creamy.
- Pour into vegetables and cook until thickened and bubbly. Spoon into casserole dish and sprinkle with paprika.
- Place under broiler for a few minutes to heat and brown lightly. Serve with crackers, whole grain bread or toast.
*You can sprinkle a little vegan cheese on top before broiling if you like.