- 2 28 oz. cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 48 oz. can tomato juice
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 4-5 stalks celery, diced
- 5-6 red or gold potatoes
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 8 oz. fresh white mushrooms, cut in half
- In a large saucepan, combine tomatoes and tomato juice. Heat.
- While tomatoes are heating, rinse potatoes and celery and cut into bite-sized pieces. Add to tomato mixture and bring to a boil. Add chopped cabbage. Add seasonings to taste.
- Cook until almost done, and add mushrooms for the last 10 minutes of cooking.