- 1 c. boiling water
- 1¼ c. dried apricots, chopped
- 2 c. white whole-wheat flour
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. apricot nectar
- 2 Tbsp. margarine, melted
- ¼ c. pecans, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. margarine
- 1½ tsp. apricot nectar
- 2 Tbsp. pecans, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over apricots; cover with foil, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk together the apricot nectar and margarine and stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drain the apricots. Fold apricots and pecans into batter. Transfer to an 8×4-inch loaf pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55–65 minutes until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
For glaze: Combine the brown sugar, margarine, and nectar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until margarine is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool to room temperature; drizzle over bread. Sprinkle with pecans.