- 4 c. rolled oats
- 4 c. water
- 1/2 c. soymilk
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 c. walnuts, optional
- 1/2 granny smith apple, sliced thin
- 1/4 c. pecans, chopped
- 1/2 c. sesame seeds
- vegetable cooking spray
- Put the rolled oats into a blender. Add the water, soymilk, honey, salt, vanilla and walnuts. Put top on blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into 6 cup measuring cup. The waffle mix must sit until thickens.
- Ready the waffle iron by spraying with the vegetable spray. Sprinkle a little sesame seeds into iron and heat.
- Add the sliced apple to the batter and mix lightly. This will help the batter to thicken more. If the batter gets too thick just add a little water.
- Load the waffle iron carefully. Spoon lightly into the warm iron. Sprinkle some pecans on top. Close the iron lid, do not press down so they are fluffy.
- The time to cook will depend on your waffle iron. After 5 to 8 minutes lift the lid very slowly to check for doneness.
*Makes between 8 and 16 waffles. These can be frozen and toasted later.