- 1/4 c. sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 1/4 c. pecans, lightly toasted
- 3 crispy apples (Granny Smith, pink lady or honey crisp)
- 1/4 c. lemon juice or orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. peanut butter drizzle
- 3 Tbsp. hot fudge sauce
- 1/4 c. dates or raisins
Peanut Butter Drizzle:
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or agave nectar
Hot Fudge Sauce:
- 1/4 c. vanilla soy creamer, soy milk or coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 1 c. carob chips or non-dairy chocolate chips
- Core and slice the apples thinly and pour lemon or orange juice over them to keep them from browning. Layer apples on serving plate.
- To make fudge sauce, combine creamer and sweetener in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add carob chips. Remove from heat and stir until carob chips are melted. Drizzle over apples.
- For peanut drizzle, heat maple syrup or agave nectar and stir in peanut butter. Drizzle over apples as well.
- Top with sliced almonds and pecans. Add raisins or chopped dates if desired.