- 12-oz. can apple juice concentrate
- 6 c. apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
FLAKY PIE CRUST:
- 2+1/2 c. unbleached white flour
- 2/3 c. canola oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. soy milk
- For filling, mix apple juice concentrate and cornstarch and cook, stirring, over medium heat until thickened. Stir in apples, cranberries, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- To make flaky pie crust, mix dry ingredients together. Stir oil and soy milk together until well blended. Pour liquid mixture into flour mixture and stir quickly with a fork just until all flour is absorbed and forms a ball. Roll out half the dough and place in pie plate.
- Add filling, then roll out remainder of dough for top crust. Crimp edges and cut design in crust. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 – 40 minutes.