- 1 c. boiling water
- 1 – 1 1/2 c. pitted dates
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- 2 medium or 3 small apples
- 4 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- Peel and chop apples. In a small saucepan, combine hot water, dates and chopped apples. Simmer for 10 – 15 minutes, or until softened.
- Add vanilla, salt and lemon juice. Place mixture into blender and blend until smooth, but still has some apple pieces.
- Pour mixture into medium mixing bowl and add chopped nuts and oats. Mix very well.
- Shape about a tablespoon of cookie dough into balls, then place on oiled baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes.