- 1/2 c. Earth Balance margarine, room temperature
- 1/2 c. plus 1 Tbsp. organic cane sugar
- 1/2 c. almond pulp from making almond milk
- 1/4 c. fresh almond milk
- 1 tsp. almond flavoring
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. dried cherries, diced
- 1/2 c. sliced, toasted almonds
- 1+1/2 c. unbleached white flour or whole white wheat flour
1/2 c. organic confectioners sugar
1+1/2 Tbsp. almond milk
1 tsp. Earth Balance margarine
1/8 tsp. almond flavoring
- Combine margarine, cane sugar, almond pulp, almond milk, almond flavoring, vanilla and salt and stir well. Stir in cherries and almonds. Add flour and mix to combine. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 – 15 minutes. Cool.
- For icing, combine confectioners sugar, margarine and almond flavoring. Stir in just enough almond milk to make icing the right consistency. Drizzle over cookies.